Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hawaii Life

I would like to kinda write alittle about where I am coming from.  I was in the army for 4 years and spent 27 months in Iraq.  Not really the point that I wanna talk about, the more important part I wanna talk about is the fact that I was stationed in Hawaii and lived across the road from the beach on north shore.  After spending way to long in the most boring place on the planet, iraq, I was about to go on a journey that I could never fully understand untill I found a way to look at life from the outside.

Immediatly when I got home I went and got me a couple of motorcycles and began pushing the limits of safety.  It was alot of fun but it really wasn't enough.  I started doing stupid stuff like jumping into the ocean when I really shouldn't. 

Heres the video of me jumping into bad waters.  This ended with a good amount of blood and I somehow lost my wedding ring??
 I found myself doing some really stupid stuff and really tried to shorten my lifespan.  It wasn't untill I wondered into Pacific skydiving center that I really had a life changing experience.  I made sure I brought along as many people as I could because I love sharing adventures with others.  And we all went up strapped to tandem masters and got ready to skydive.  We went out one by one and then came to me.  I was so excited I was almost crying.  It all happed so fast I could barely understand what happened untill the parachute opened and then there I was 5,000ft above Oahu, HI.  I was so far away from it I could see almost the whole Island.  I knew this  something I would want in my life.

An old video of me skydiving-- http://skydivernetwork.ning.com/video/johnny-and-dr-bill
The first video that I made skydiving-- http://skydivernetwork.ning.com/video/1197788:Video:88875
We all got down safely and got together to talk about our experience and I was so pumped to say that I wanted my certification to jump by myself.  The was about 12 or 13 of us and everybody was all like "Yeah me to man, rite away".  The sad thing was that once everybody heard all of the steps that you had to take to get certified then everybody chickened out.  It suprised me how nobody could look around the chore and keep there eyes on the pay off.  Which was being able to come to the drop zone hich a ride up on there plane and jump out of it!  Anytime for only 20$!

I understand how not everybody is made to be a regular skydiver but it was one of my first lessons on how I had the ability to see the big picture and be able to bite the bullet to receive an ultimate goal.  From That point on I always made sure that I held on to that discipline.  It was extremely easy to get skydive certified and I knew that somethings like school are definetely not as exciting but equally rewarding to finish so I have taken that life lesson and Realize that Its all worth it.

Just some good thoughts and a good life lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment